Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Aug 23, 2011

A bit slow this week, I guess many of the leagues are yet to start up, so we will simply fill you in on some info that you might like to use. Especially, if you are like me, and use the internet quite a lot.
   Before I do that, the Senior League at Lincoln Lanes did bowl this past Thursday, and did report some split pickups. Bob Coburn converted the 2-5-10, Karen Beck snagged the5-6-10, John Gebhart corralled the 6-8-10, and Greg Miller blew away the 5-6.
   Last week, I said that “baby” splits did not count. Basically those are the 3-10, and the 2-7.  Those are usually easy splits to pick up.  If the pins are directly across from each other like the 7-8, 8-9, 7-8, or even 9-10., they will count as good split pickups.
    The Seniors were bowling last week to establish their starting averages, so nothing really “official”, but I do know that Karen Beck had a 139 ending average last year, and her 1st week consisted of 2 games, both over 200. Good job Karen.
    As I stated, many leagues are just getting started, and are having their meetings within the next week or 2.  I do know that both the Tuesday Nite Go-Getters, and the 332 league will be having theirs tonite (Tuesday) at Lincoln Lanes, at 6:30.
    Now, for some of that internet info I promised you. Did you know that many of the area bowling centers have Face Book pages?  Yes, they do, and you can find them at the following:
Stop by these pages, and either “like” or join, and you be kept up to date on a lot of happenings at those centers.
    Once again, I would encourage you to either call or stop by a bowling center near you and see if they need bowlers for this upcoming season.  It is a great way to get some exercise, and to meet new friends at the same time.
    If you need any more info, drop me a note at illianabowling@gmail.com.
    Until next week, let’s have fun and knock ‘em down.

No comments:

Post a Comment