Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Oct 23rd, 2014 Sirratt Rolls 300

     Congratulations to Kyle Sirratt for shooting 300 on September 25th in league at Bulans.
     A few years back, while bowling in the Senior State Tournament, and committed a foul.  I was surprised to say the least, as I knew for a fact I did not step over the foul line. The scorer however, called a foul on me, and I looked at her, arms uplifted, and with a puzzled look on my face.  She said I did in fact cross the foul line……on the adjacent lane. I did not realize that was against the rules.  For some reason, when I bowl, I tend to drift to my right. Most all my fellow league members know this, so when they are bowling against me, they wait until I clear their lane, before starting their approach.  Now, encroaching on their approach is NOT a violation of the rules or is it a foul.  The rules do say the stepping across the line on an adjacent approach is.
     Rule 5a/3 states: A foul is not called when a bowler crosses onto an adjoining approach area. However, if the bowler steps over the foul line on that lane, it is considered a foul.
     Starting north again in Hoopeston at the Fast Lanes.  Sunday night mixed was Geoffery Berlin with a 268-655 series and Patty Lowe with a 194 game. Helen Taflinger coming in with a 191 on a 143 average. On Monday it was Karen Porth on a 247 and 598 series followed by Jennifer Crawleys 200 and 585 set. 
    Last weeks winners of the 7-8-9 pin tournament were Sue Wagoner and Kenny Samet, Next months tournament will pay $235.00 to win. Date is Saturday November 8 at 7:00pm
   In the MS Nail Salon League, Donna Rayhel bowled a 224. Sandy West had a 154 game and a 400 series, while Ann Minette picked up a 4-10 split.
    At Sycamore Lanes in Covington, action was fast and furious. Let’s start off with the split conversions first. Dale Benedict 2-7-8, Lea Arnold 4-9, Bill Shoaf  5-7, Beth Barnes  5-6-10, John Gebhart  8-9, Darrell Edwards  4-9, and Janet McMasters, the 4-10.
     Maybe I should take some lessons from these bowlers. I might actually learn something.  Ron Cates, a 183 average bowler rolled a 559 series, 57 pins over, with games of 240-149, and 170.  159 average bowler, John Gebhart shot a 541 series, with games including 163-215, and 163. With the 215 game he was 56 pins above average.  Gary Edmiston, shot 65 pins over average for a 212. Shooting 86 pins over his average for a 258 game was Aaron Howard.  Cody Jumps was 49 over with a 191, Bill Shoaf, 45 over with a 213, Jerry Norwell, 47 over, with a 225 game, and Duane Schaeffhold rolling 74 pins above average, with a 214.  Wonder if he is related to my stringer, Rose?
    In Senior League action, Allen Taylor bowled a 219 game which was 65 pins over his game average. Clara Copsy bowled a 457 series which was 103 pins over her series total. Converting some splits were, Marla Troyer and Ron Blagg the 5-7, the Barb Walls  4-5 & 5-7, Pam Hunt the 5-6-10, Sue Strong the 7-8-10 and Shirley Lamm the 4-5.
   The Tuesday Nite Go Getter’s Tracy Smith was 44 pins over with a 202. Sue Strong was 81 pins over series average, and overlooked by me last week was Deb Miller, 56 pins over average. Split conversions included Greg Miller with the 5-7, and 5-6, Jordyn Castle picked up a very rarely converted split, the 4-7-6-10, the Big 4.
     Reporting for the first time this year, we have the MeHarry League. Jerome Nelson was 56 pins over his average with a 685 series, while his son Poo, was 55 above average, and a 671 average.
     You can get all the columns by checking out Tuck’s Bowling for Fun blog at: http://tucksbowlingforfun.blogspot.com
    If you are a league secretary, we would love to have your league reports. Drop me an e-mail message to illianabowling@gmail.com and I will contact you with what I would like to have to make your reports complete. Help me to recognize your league bowlers for their achievements.
   You can get all the columns by checking out Tuck’s Bowling for Fun blog at: http://tucksbowlingforfun.blogspot.com

       Until next time, let’s have fun, and knock ‘em down..

No comments:

Post a Comment