Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bowling Column is Back!!!

September 27, 2010


Hey folks, we’re back!!  Well, at least the bowling column is, after a long absence.
    Let me introduce myself. My name is Tuck Miller, and I am a Danville native, with 25 years of living in the San Diego area. Before moving to San Diego, I had bowled at the Bowling Ball, Lincoln Lanes, and Sycamore Lanes in Covington in several different leagues.
     While in California, took a 25 year bowling hiatus, as my full time job got in the way of the sport, due to varied hours, some early morning and some late night.  I retired back to Danville last October, and immediately started in the Senior League at Lincoln Lanes, and then in the spring started with the Men’s 332 at Lincoln as well. I am bowling in both leagues as we speak for the winter.
      Here is what I would like to do with this weekly column.  I want to bring bowling info back to the sports section, and get people’s names back in print.  More info on how to do that will follow in just a bit.
      I would like the following info submitted each week by Sunday evening, so I can get it all compiled and sent off to the CN.  Here is what I am looking for:
·         League Name
·         Names for High Series and High game for each class.
·         Names for any games over 225 or series over 600 bowled for the week.
·         Any “odd” split pickups like the 7-10, Big 4, 6,7,10 or 4, 7, 10.
·         Name of teams who bowl high scratch and handicap games for the week.
    We also will be promoting upcoming tournaments in the area. Tournament directors are requested to send me a flyer (pdf) or (Word) to my e-mail as well.
       Speaking of tournaments, there was a senior tourney scheduled for the weekend of Sept 25 & 26, but was cancelled due to lack of participation.
       Bowlers, please make sure your league secretary gets a copy of this news clipping or you can drop me an e-mail to bowlingforfun@comcast.net, and ask for a pdf flier you can print out and give the secretary your self.
       Until next week, let’s have fun and knock ‘em down.

No comments:

Post a Comment